I read an article on The Independent website about how invisibility cloaks could be theoretically feasable and that scientists in US have already been able to make a small object appear “invisible” to a machine that detects things using microwaves.
I didn’t know microwaves could detect anything other TV dinners but then I’m no scientist. It also had URL addresses to youtube videos that featured other recent sci-fi inspired inventions like the Russian rocket boot and the tractor beam. However they were a bit of a let down as was the entire article.
But then I thought about how cool it would be if those inventions were created but I was the only one with the prototypes. I could either be a superhero or a super villain.
Both had pros and cons.
Pros to being a super hero:
1. You become a public figure that people adore and idolise.
2. You get a self satisfying sense of well being knowing you’re helping your fellow man.
Cons to being a super hero:
1. Constant worry about your public image.
2. Even if you are well recieved by the public you cant enjoy it as you’ll still be you thanks to that crappy secret identity.
3. You’ll be constantly haunted by the faces of those you failed to save or those criminals that you may have “accidentally” killed while trying to capture them.
4. Criminals may kill you.
Pros to being a super villain:
You get to steal cool shit.
You get to feel like a bad ass.
Cons to being a super villain:
You’ll struggle with your morals and ethics… but then again you’ll have all the free shit to take your mind off it.
It’s decided - being a super villain is the better option, I wonder how much those Russian rocket boots cost?